It's been a looooong while since I've been here. Last time, the husband and I were living in a one bedroom apartment, in upstate NY, and both had jobs. Now, we're settled into Northern AZ and neither one of us have employment. What a twist, huh?
I've taken this time throughout the traveling and downtime to read, read, and read. It feels good to get back into the swing of things (reading wise).
I just want to take the time and throw out there some of my favorite websites that have to do with book and reading... maybe we can become friends?! :)
goodreads.com - Great site that allows you to show what you're reading, how fast you're reading it, and connect with friends.
paperbackswap.com - Love this site! So far, I've sent 19 books out and received 22 in return. You pay Media Mail to send a book to someone requesting - but in return you receive a book for free! :)
bookcrossing.com - Just recently came acrossed this one. What a lovely site. You know how you can track dollar bills on wheresgeorge.com? It's the same concept but for books. I've already sent 3 out in the world with the special code... can't wait to see where they end up! :)
bookswim.com - Netflix for books. I used this site ALOT when I lived in DC because I was never able to get to the library before it closed. Lifesaver. Ultimately - too expensive when rates start at $24/mo for 3 books at a time with unlimited turn around.
Since 2012 - I've finished 6 books towards my 24 book goal for the year.
- Crazy Aunt Purl's: Drunk, Divorced & Covered in Cat Hair by Laurie Perry... she also has a great site (crazyauntpurl.com) that I had not heard prior to reading the book.
- The Other Woman by Victoria Zackheim. I got lost in some of the stories (mainly due to writing style) and was easily able to skip those chapters and move on.
- Candy Girl by Diablo Cody. Wasn't AS GOOD as I had hoped it to be, but still an light/easy read.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - This is one book that I dreaded reading, but it was on the table for the local book club I'm in. It pleasantly surprised me. Enough that I'm going to read the remaining 2 books soon and go see the movie!
- MWF seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche - LOVED everything about this book.
- I Don't Know How She Does It by Allison Pearson - read it because I saw the movie was coming out on Redbox. What a dud of a book and even worse movie. Torture at times. lol.
Well... the library opens in 10 min - so I'm going to head out the door to pick up Mindy Kaling's book: Is everyone hanging out without me? (and other concerns)... can't wait to read it! :)